Skip to main content

Working it out

It's been a busy couple days. On Thursday I had a chance to help Deidre on a shoot up at Columbia so we trekked up there and did headshots for a nonprofit she has been working with. It is great to be able to see what kind of gear you need and just really working free lance all over the city. It is way different than in Ca where you have a car to haul all your gear. SO I am grateful to get to tag along and also be of some help. After we finished that we called the Hughes sisters, Sara and Emily who are in town from Ca and we know from OCC and made plans to pick them up in the cab and head over to Bushwick for dinner. It was great to see some familiar faces as I am definitely missing all my friends at home. We went to a darling little place by Deidre's called Robertas and had yummy pizza and salad with ingredients from right on top of the containers that made up the back patio. You can check out there site here.

http://robertaspizza.com/

Friday was a day for me to just get out and explore the city. I went to one of my favorite spots, Union Square and was so pleased when I cam out of the subway and realized it was the Market Day. I love the market there. I bought (yes I know I am on a buying freeze but I couldn't help myself) a darling little t shirt. I mean come on. I had to right.



I did also buy a couple sun dresses at F21 because it is so hot that is all I want to wear. Pants are out of the question right now and shorts aren't even that comfortable. I also took a little break and sat in Filene's to take in the view that I love so much.





After that I made plans to meet up with Sara and Emily and some of their friends. I am doing my best to meet new people and get out of my apartment regularly. And I am so glad I did because it was a lovely evening. I had had a late snack so I wasn't hungry to meet them for dinner so I just walked the streets around the Village and met up with them on 2nd and 5th. From there Sara the human disposal was in the mood for dessert so we set out to find a good spot. After poopooing Chikalicious mostly because there was no available seating we headed south to Dessert Truck and boy did it not disappoint. I think between the 6 of us we ordered one of everything. I had the Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Rosemary Caramel and blackberries. Yep Ridiculous. Sara ordered three things but the best had to be the donuts with the vanilla creme filling. Emily had a Rosemary and a Thyme ice cream while Kylan had the frozen hot chocolate and Julie ordered the berry something or other. ALL of it was tasty. Major dessert score. Major girl in the city score.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.