Skip to main content

Manhattanhenge

So yesterday I had plans to meet an old friend from high school who I have reconnected with on Facebook. Gotta love that book. We decided to meet near his place in Midtown to watch the World Cup Finals. It was a cute little neighborhood pub called the Press Box and the game was really fun to watch. Even though my Dutch heritage precluded me from rooting for Spain, they did come away with the title. But I do love me some Spain so i wasn't too disappointed. After the game, Mike and I went across the street to see his apartment and he told me of the little surprise he had for us to do that evening. Apparently it was the night of Manhattanhenge. For those of you not in the know (don't worry we had to google it last night too) here is the official Wikipedia entry.

Manhattanhenge (sometimes referred to as the Manhattan Solstice) is a semiannual occurrence in which the setting sun aligns with the east–west streets of the main street grid in the borough of Manhattan in New York City.

It was actually amazing, and very popular. People were lined up on an overpass on the east waiting to shoot this. We decided to go down onto the street for a different vantage point and every time the traffic light turned we all stood in the middle of the street and took pictures. Drivers were honking away but we didn't budge. It was beautiful. Great start to my new adventure.









Kinda cool huh? Oh yeah and this was my view when I headed back to my neck of the woods. Not too shabby NY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.