Skip to main content

Fun on Friday

The hunt for NYC Apartment continues. We had an appointment to see a place on Fort Greene so we decided to stick around Brooklyn in the morning. We hopped the train and headed over to the Brooklyn Bridge, near the park and planned to walk around there and check out a little DUMBO. We found a cute little cafe to have lunch and it was family owned with seemingly all of the family members in attendance either waiting tables, bartending, cooking or hawking gelato out front. They were all so nice and it was sweet to see such teamwork. It was called 7 on Old Fulton. Hmm maybe there were 7 of them in the family.






Walking around DUMBO after lunch we stumbled on an old Carousel that is soon to be relocated to a spot in the park. It was so beautiful but we didn't get any shots. Boo Photo FAIL. We also popped into a little art/bookstore and mom bought a novel to read on the plane. It wasn't til we got home that she realized it was actually a signed copy. Score Mom. The views fro under the bridge while we were walking around were spectacular. I am so enamored with my new city.






We saw the cute little apartment in Fort Greene and it is really cute but definitely my second choice mostly because I really want to be in Manhattan. But we had one more apartment to go check out that evening. So after a little rest at the apartment we headed back into the city to see what 55 9th Street had in store for us. MMMMM while it was in a nice building with a door man and elevator, i just don't think it was the one. Lots of storage but all in one room. So I am hoping we get the one in the Village, because it is by far my fav. So off we went to play tourist for a little respite from all the hunting. Empire State Building here we come. I have never actually been up in it in all the times I have visited. But I finally got my chance and let me tell you Friday night is the night to do it. We didn't have to wait in hardly any lines. It was stellar and mom bought us tix to go to not only the 86th floor but the 102nd also. It was worth it. Amazing how much more you can see up there. While it was a bummer that it was a bit hazy, the views were spectacular. Empire State Indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...