Skip to main content

Fun on Friday

The hunt for NYC Apartment continues. We had an appointment to see a place on Fort Greene so we decided to stick around Brooklyn in the morning. We hopped the train and headed over to the Brooklyn Bridge, near the park and planned to walk around there and check out a little DUMBO. We found a cute little cafe to have lunch and it was family owned with seemingly all of the family members in attendance either waiting tables, bartending, cooking or hawking gelato out front. They were all so nice and it was sweet to see such teamwork. It was called 7 on Old Fulton. Hmm maybe there were 7 of them in the family.






Walking around DUMBO after lunch we stumbled on an old Carousel that is soon to be relocated to a spot in the park. It was so beautiful but we didn't get any shots. Boo Photo FAIL. We also popped into a little art/bookstore and mom bought a novel to read on the plane. It wasn't til we got home that she realized it was actually a signed copy. Score Mom. The views fro under the bridge while we were walking around were spectacular. I am so enamored with my new city.






We saw the cute little apartment in Fort Greene and it is really cute but definitely my second choice mostly because I really want to be in Manhattan. But we had one more apartment to go check out that evening. So after a little rest at the apartment we headed back into the city to see what 55 9th Street had in store for us. MMMMM while it was in a nice building with a door man and elevator, i just don't think it was the one. Lots of storage but all in one room. So I am hoping we get the one in the Village, because it is by far my fav. So off we went to play tourist for a little respite from all the hunting. Empire State Building here we come. I have never actually been up in it in all the times I have visited. But I finally got my chance and let me tell you Friday night is the night to do it. We didn't have to wait in hardly any lines. It was stellar and mom bought us tix to go to not only the 86th floor but the 102nd also. It was worth it. Amazing how much more you can see up there. While it was a bummer that it was a bit hazy, the views were spectacular. Empire State Indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.