Skip to main content

1 more and 1 less

We are in the home stretch and I have a feeling over the next two weeks I am going to be tearing up more than normal. I can't believe that in two weeks I am going to run my first ever marathon. I remember walking into the Wheeler library in May just to get some info to maybe do the Long Beach Half. I just wanted to sign up for a race to get back to running regularly and now here I am, 19 weeks later, ready to run a Full. I am so excited and so nervous and so full of emotion. It has been an amazing experience, full of laughter and tears and hard work and fundraising and I am so glad I decided to do this. Team in Training has been everything I had hoped it would be. I have made new friends, I have had excellent coaching and support, I have done something for someone other than myself and that in turn did something for me. There have been a lot of miles in the last 19 weeks, but they have been fun and challenging and memorable all at the same time.
Today we ran 12 miles and that makes one more run tucked into my back pocket and one less run until the start line in SF. A bunch of my teammates are running in Long Beach next week so we had all different distances to do this morning and after we all logged our miles we got to pick up our race packets and goodie bags. Wahooo. Race packets included our super cool purple singlet to run in, our transportation wristbands and our plane tickets. Goodie bags included candy, band aids, chapstick and ziplock baggies for the ice for what will be our weary knees.










My send off note from my mentor Michelle reminded me "If you get tired, just know that you are getting a patient through their hard time as well". Yep burst into tears right then and there. Mind you I was stopped at a light when I read it and then had to drive when the light turned. Perfectly safe I am sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.