Skip to main content

Tiara Trotting Commemorative Playlist

A few weeks ago when Steph and I were running, we exchanged phone numbers so we could text during the week. She carries here phone when we run so she was programming it as we trudged up a steep hill. She wanted to pick a ring tone for me so we were sampling all the options. She came across Adele's chasing pavement and I said, "ooh yeah I like that song". Then I realized, "hey it's kinda apropos cause you and I pretty much are chasing pavement" We giggled and it was set. On Monday she sent me an email about a hymn she heard at church and the funny thoughts she had while they were singing. Here is part of here email.....
So we were at church on Sunday and the Communion Hymn chorus went like this  “…We will run and not grow weary, for our God will be our strength…”  Every time I sang it, I giggled because in my head I was saying, “well, when I  run, I grow weary…that’s for sure.  I wonder how far he’s running in the song…probably not 16 miles…” :) 
Clearly you can see why we get along because I would have had the exact train of thought. After reading her email I got the idea to do a Play list to commemorate our race. We will continue to gather songs until October 18 but for now here is what we have. It's going to be AWEsome.

Tiara Trotting Commemorative Play list

Chasing Pavement-Adele
We Will Rise Again
Ready to Run-Dixie Chicks
The Climb-Miley Cyrus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...