Skip to main content

14 miles

This is going to be quick. It has been a busy few days since my long run on Saturday. 14 miles. Farther than I have ever run in one session in my life. I new distance record if you will. I know, I know I can be a little dramatic. But let me tell you friends 14 miles is far. But it was good. It was overcast, it was cool, it was an up and back with goldfish at the aid stations. My running buddy Steph kept me entertained and thoroughly encouraged. She even waited at the top of the last hill and yelled for me as I trudged up one step at a time, huffing and puffing the whole way. I can't wait to run 26 miles with her.
On another note I have discovered that, although I love to go home from our Saturday practice and shower off and basically crash on the couch, it seems that it is best for me to have a full day planned. I ended up driving to LA, literally after jumping out of the shower and throwing my wet hair in a ponytail, to work a party for Quiksilver. I shot pictures in a "photo booth" all day at a pool party at the Standard Hotel. Barely sat down at all. As a matter of fact I was up and down all day and miraculously my legs felt great that whole day and the day after. Last week when I relaxed and took a nap after my run, I could barely walk around my house. I felt and I am quite sure, looked like a 98 year old granny every time I got up off the couch. SO, note to self, plan for movement on Saturdays....lots of it.
SO yeah, check off that 14 and bring on the rest. I did 7 this morning and I am planning on 5 tomorrow and 6 Thursday with a little 12 on Saturday thrown in for good measure. And just for fun I am going Ventura to see an old friend and I think the plan is to go walk around the fair. Yahoooo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...