Skip to main content

Angel Oak

The South is Deep in me. Even though I am not a native in the true sense of the word, I am Southern in most every other sense. One of my favorite things about it is the way to Live Oak grows. I love it's magesty, it's history, it's shade on a hot Southern summer day. I love how they grow on either side of the road and create a beautiful canopy of branches. There is a street in Pensacola I always wanted to shut down and get married on, precisely for that canopy of branches. Didn't happen. Something about city rules or neighbors or something. Anyway, on my most recent trip South, the fam and I were driving to my aunt's house when we passed a sign on Bohicket Road. Gar and I didn't even see it and mom said "oh Angel Tree,  let's turn around I want show this to you guys" It seems she had been to Angel Oak on one of her HaHa weekends. So Gar turned the car around and we headed down a smaller road to "reportedly the oldest thing-living or man made-east of the Rockies" according to the website. Mom was telling us it was this great old tree and how big it was and all kinds of things and I think I was expecting to see a cool old tree and then we came around the corner and there it was....a MASSIVE cool old tree. It's so big it's believed to be over 1500 years old. WHAT? She looks GOOD for her age. Now you guys know I am not into "nature" if you will, but I LOVE trees. And this was a beauty! 



I could sit right there and read a book on a sultry summer afternoon. 


The Rents with the Angel


This Southern kid would have climbed all over this.


I told you I love trees. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.