Skip to main content

Antiques Garage

A couple weeks ago I was on the mad hunt for some stuff for the Rabbit Hole, namely some antlers, frames and bell jars. SO I decided to head over to Brooklyn to the Flea and see what I could find. Sadly, no score. Well at least not on the things on my list. I did however pick up a beautiful new vintage camera. 40's era with gorgeous art deco gold pattern on the front. She fits nicely into the family. From there I headed over to the Antiques Garage in midtown hoping for better luck. Alas it was not meant to be. Apparently it was all photo all the time for me that day. I came across this box of vintage glass negatives. Gorgeous. In mint condition from France and Belgium from the early part of the 19th century. SCORE! I could have bought the whole box but that would have been selfish. So at $4 each I brought home 2. Not sure what or how I will display them so for now they are mine to enjoy. It's the simple pleasures sometimes.



I think it would be cool to print them stacked. Makes an interesting image.


Glass, can you believe it? So cool.


This was the info that was inside the box. History my friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Gray hair coming in HOT

Has anyone else had to come to grips with how much gray hair you actually have in the last few weeks? NO? Just me? Ok. I needed some color before we even went into shelter in place but a move, a job in Boston and then a complete shutdown of all no-essential services (Um that depends on who you ask) thwarted my getting into Kay’s chair in FiDI. SO here I am, easily 3 weeks past due and oh hey look at all those grays! The funny thing is it depends on where I part my hair as to how much presents itself. I have a lovely little patch right on the top of my head just past my hairline. So there will be no trendy mid parts in my foreseeable future. But if I go just a bit off center to the left you can barely see them. Although I am getting more and more around the temple, ear area so there is that.      I don’t even so much mind my grays. Yes it signals that I am not “young” anymore, well not in the 20-30 years young, but it doesn’t make me feel OLD. I like how I feel when I’v...