Skip to main content

Memorial Weekend Madness

Memorial Day Weekend was BUSY! I had friends in town, Lady Gaga concert in the Park, 2 trips to Rockaway Beach and a trip to the Burg. Whew. Thanks goodness there was an extra day tacked on.  First up, GMA kicked off the summer concert series in the Park with Lady Gaga. The tickets were free but you had to get there at the crack of dawn to get lined up. And line up the Little Monsters did. Since it was hard to see her on the stage , it was almost more fun to check out the Monsters, as some of them were decked.  But girl DID make an entrance.







I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering  5th Avenue and being a girl. I window shopped, I bought a lovely book at Bergdorf Goodman before I enjoyed a delicious lunch of heirloom tomato salad and tuna tartar in their restaurant overlooking Central Park. It was designed by Kelly Wearstler and my little 70 year old waiter Frank  could not have been more darling.



After lunch I wandered down 5th to my favorite store in Manhattan, Henri Bendel. It makes me feel like such a girl to be in there. Everything sparkles and it is filled with all things a girl loves, purses, baubles, make up, and the brown and white signature stripe just makes me giddy. I even found a portrait some one had done of me wrapped in Bendel Stripes. :)


Outside, one of the windows had my nickname plastered inside it. See why it's my favorite store.  Maybe I should dye my hair red.


That pretty much did me in for the day and I needed to be rested because Saturday I was heading out to Rockaway Beach to assist Deidre on a Times shoot. We had a great day shooting and meeting new people and adventuring around the beach. I shot some polaroids just to have a little fun.





 
I don't know what these are but they were Awesome.


Before we headed back on the train we hit Rockaway Tacos and Wow!!! Scrumptious! We got the fish tacos, chips and salsa and black bean, cheese and plantain quesadillas. 


Sunday I hung out with my friend Charles from QS days and we met up with Andrew and Becca to listen to some Brazilian Music at Hotel del Mano in Williamsburg. It was a great little space and I took some portraits for my companions as well as some more polaraoids before we ended up at a barbecue in a Brooklyn backyard. Such a NY day. 







Here is Becca, Charles and Andrew bungee chording a flashing iPhone to the front of her bike so she could ride home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.