Skip to main content

Sewing Project #3

I LOVE my new toy!! In keeping with my word for the year, CREATE, I have been working on a number of projects. Albeit some more slowly than others. I found some fabric the day after Thanksgiving on my way back from Upstate that I have been wanting to make a pillow out of. So while I had the fabric, I had no pillow form, no trim and at the time no sewing machine. So finally today I did it. Although in hindsight I think part of my procrastination was having never sewn a pillow before, (well other than a letter pillow in homec ages ago) much less one with chord trim. Oy. But I dove in and lo and behold, it's not too bad, as I pat myself on the back . :)

Here we go...






Sewing on the trim. First time around I didn't get it close enough to the chording so I went around again. My first time using a zipper foot. Whew that takes a little practice.



 Pinning front piece and back pieces together.. Getting there!!



All sewn up and turned right side out.




I was going to put it on the couch but I really like mixing the prints and putting it on the chair. I may have to make another one. Better go get more fabric.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.