Skip to main content

Weekend Wrap Up

Well Mom went home yesterday...booooo. Don't want to get too far behind so here is a quick wrap up of our last couple days. Sunday: Church at Times Square Church-AMAzing. Music was so good, everybody was singing and clapping and now Mom wants to be a cool little old black lady. :)



After church we got tickets to see Mamma Mia which was just across the street but we had some time to kill before the show and there just happened to be a street fair that took up about 10 blocks of Broadway. They had food and clothes and toys and all kinds of stuff to look at. Not to mention the people watching. Oh the people. New York City is nothing if not a great place to just sit and look at people. So diverse, so normal, so weird.





After some walking, some Starbucks lemonade green tea and a street pretzel for my Mamma we took our seats in the cold, dark theater for Mamma Mia. Perfect for a hot NYC afternoon. The theater was gorgeous and we took lots of pics before the show started.








Mhmm no one has to wonder where I get it from any more. :)
Oh and by the way, the show was FANTASTIC!!!!! I forgot how much I love Abba songs. We laughed and sang and cried and danced. SO much fun!! I will definitely be seeing that one again and I know two chicas who will be going with me. So after more walking we decided on an early light dinner at a place called Barbounia. I had been there a few years ago and the food was excellent. I knew Mom would like it. We had Spicy Feta and Tuna Tartare and it did not disappoint.






Whew, another full day.

Comments

Unknown said…
I just love your blog, it is a great way to end to my day at the gym. The photo's make me feel like I am there, especially the theater where you saw Mamma Mia one of favorite movies.

Sounds like it is all working out for Michelle and I couldn't be happier for you. Miss you lots!!

Carmela

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.