Skip to main content

Market Day

We are so tired. It is getting harder and harder to get out of bed and get moving. We were waiting on some paperwork so we decided to hit the farmer's market and the flea market here in Brooklyn before heading into the city. Off we went with the main goal to get a lobster roll at the flea market. I refuse to buy anything else until I have a place to live. Thankfully there was nothing that I could not live with out but we did get some ideas for future decorating. And the lobster roll....delish. So good in fact we ate them before I could get a shot. Ooops. :)








When we got back to the apartment, we had what we needed to go meet my broker and plop down a chunk of change to attempt to get an apartment. I refuse to put any up until I actually get it but here I am in the cute new space.



We took some measurements and checked out a few more things in the apartment including the shared garden out back that my broker hadn't even know about. It is darling. Can't wait to show you. Sean seemed to think all the prelim stuff was in order so we bid adieu until Monday at 9:30 am and mom and I were off again to explore the hood and find a place to eat. I know I know all we do is walk and eat. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. :) First stop, C.O. Bigelow. Swoon. An old apothecary that has been in the same building over 170 years. The features were gorgeous. And they carried so many brands with vintage looking branding. I have found my new pharmacy.





We also stumbled upon a community garden that according to Andy Warhol has "the most perfect tree in New York"





After strolling for a bit we opted for alittle place called Good for dinner and yes it was.
A whole slew of appies made their way to our table.









It was Good indeed. We almost licked the plates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.