Skip to main content

April where did you go??

Wow, whirlwind few weeks with visitors, more visitors and a film festival. Whew. Where to begin? So many details. Too many to actually recount here in any punctual manner so this may be a photo heavy post. Let's begin with a surprise show. Memphis. My friends JZ and Chanell were in town and Memphis was a surprise for Chanell. Our friend Michelle met us and we spent the afternoon in utter awe of the talent in the show. Excellent choice. I was so blown away I bought the cd. 





We ambled through Times Square on our way back to my place before dinner at Almond in the FlatIron district. Service was amazing and we had a blast catching up with some girl time. 

Sunday was more fun in the city after Chanell and I went WAY uptown to a darling little church in Harlem. Let me tell you it was only by the grace of God that they let us into the earlier service. But everyone was lovely and we are so glad we went. 
We met back up with Jen and wandered Soho for some shopping as well as a little street fair off Union Square Park before dinner at Mercer Kitchen. The food was outstanding although I can't say as much for the service that night. 



It was so fun having these two to pal around the city with. I do hope they come back soon. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...