Skip to main content

April Visitors Round 2.

On Monday JZ went back to Ca and on Tuesday the second contingency from the CA arrived. All 8 of them. No they did not all stay in my apartment. That would have been against some city code I am sure of it. Chanell moved up to a hotel with the rest of her group but I got to tag along with them on their NYC adventure. The first night for dinner I took them to Stecchino in Hell's Kitchen. I think we scared the poor host when 9 of us walked in but they were so great and the food was outstanding. I think we ordered 4 pizzas, and 5 entrees and it was like family dinner with all of us sharing and tasting. It was also great to get to know this gang a little better. Sadly I only took pictures of the food on my phone so I can't share but I highly recommend a trip to Stecchino if you are in the city.
Wednesday I crashed their tour of Yankee Stadium. Well, they did invite me so I guess it wasn't an official crash but it was really cool. I was a little disappointed that I never got to see the old stadium and I have to say being in a stadium brought up a whole lot of weird emotions for me but it was a really beautiful  place to see none the less. The stadium is gorgeous and it gave me a big boost in desire to go to a game and yes, I will probably be a Yankee fan before it's all over, (much to the chagrin of Elicia and Jill). I am not official yet, though.




The Yankee Museum was quite fascinating and I was disappointed I didn't have more time to look around. It was fun seeing balls signed by guys I had known when Mike was playing. Sometimes I forget what a wild ride my life has been and how blessed I have been to experience so much.






From there we went out to Monument Park which is where all the retired numbers are and on to the dugout for the authentic view of the field. Baseball really is a beautiful game and I am glad it has been part of my history as well. Now if I could just pick a team that was my own. I did notice while we were there that the Yankees won the pennant in both years that my parents were born. Maybe that says something, although I literally just looked up who won it the year I was born.....wait for it......the Mets. :) Oh decisions, decisions. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.