Skip to main content

SF Day 2

Day 2 in San Francisco was kinda a blur. I got up early to do some super special Nike + member shopping at Niketown before the store opened. I got a cool new bag and a shirt for Steph. Must have a memento of the weekend. From there I went back over to the Expo to try out the Lunarglide shoes and get a gait analysis. Kinda cool. Check out the video below. When I got done there I had a text that Holly and John had arrived so I cabbed it over to the Ferry building to meet them at the Farmer's Market. It was fantastic.








We walked around and sampled a bunch of scrumptious morsels then settled into T's for lunch. We split up after that with plans to meet up in the evening as I needed to rest a little and I had a team meeting and the inspiration dinner to go to.
And what an inspiration it was. I had no idea as we got to the door of the convention center, the mayhem that awaited me. All the TNT coaches and mentors lined the walkway from the door, down 4 flight of stairs and into the banquet hall. They were dressed up, screaming, yelling, cheering and welcoming us in. I felt like I was in the Olympics or something. It was overwhelming. I will post the video in it's own post. Incredible.





The speeches at the dinner were inspiring, funny, heartwarming and thought provoking. We were reminded to "manage the moment and that the end will come". We were encouraged by the amount of funding that we raised and how many people would be affected and helped by the work that we did this season. And we were roused by the thought that "the woman who starts this race is not the same woman who finishes it." This has been an amazing and life changing experience and I am so glad I took on this challenge 6 months ago. I am not the same woman who walked into that meeting in Tustin and I am grateful for this path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...