Skip to main content

6 Days and Counting

My marathon will be here before I know it. It's a busy week at work while trying to eat right, sleep a lot, run smartly, and figure out what to pack. I think San Francisco could be a tad chilly and since I trained in Orange County in the middle of summer I didn't exactly get to train in pants. I am a little worried I am either going to freeze or get serious chafing if I wear pants. What's a girl to do? I still am having a hard time believing it's really time to do this. I feel ready and I feel like I can do it, but now my mind is playing the trick on me of wanting to do really well. I mean I have always wanted to do well at it, but I think I figured it was my first one so just take it easy and leave it at that. Now I want to finish it in 4-5 hours, preferably closer to 4, and the pace I have been training at puts me closer to 5. Hmmm. Must not focus on this. Must run the race. Must get out there and feel out my body and push when it feels right and hold back when it doesn't. Ok speaking of sleep, i need to be sawing logs so I will check in tomorrow with the feelings of the day. We're in the home stretch kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...