Skip to main content

Tiara Trotting Commemorative Playlist

A few weeks ago when Steph and I were running, we exchanged phone numbers so we could text during the week. She carries here phone when we run so she was programming it as we trudged up a steep hill. She wanted to pick a ring tone for me so we were sampling all the options. She came across Adele's chasing pavement and I said, "ooh yeah I like that song". Then I realized, "hey it's kinda apropos cause you and I pretty much are chasing pavement" We giggled and it was set. On Monday she sent me an email about a hymn she heard at church and the funny thoughts she had while they were singing. Here is part of here email.....
So we were at church on Sunday and the Communion Hymn chorus went like this  “…We will run and not grow weary, for our God will be our strength…”  Every time I sang it, I giggled because in my head I was saying, “well, when I  run, I grow weary…that’s for sure.  I wonder how far he’s running in the song…probably not 16 miles…” :) 
Clearly you can see why we get along because I would have had the exact train of thought. After reading her email I got the idea to do a Play list to commemorate our race. We will continue to gather songs until October 18 but for now here is what we have. It's going to be AWEsome.

Tiara Trotting Commemorative Play list

Chasing Pavement-Adele
We Will Rise Again
Ready to Run-Dixie Chicks
The Climb-Miley Cyrus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.