Skip to main content

In Transit Makeup Application

I find it endlessly fascinating that people put on makeup on mass transit. Today I was faced with two masters of the makeup brush on the train. I actually shot one of them for my other blog as you can see.


The other one was sitting next to me so she didn't qualify for my photo project but she was amazing none the less. She sat down and I swear it was Rita Moreno but I didn't want to stare and girlfriend was deep in concentration. She whipped out an eye pencil and I noticed her mirror was propped in her bag just so. I giggled a little when I saw a standing gentleman raise his eyebrows as she set to work just as the train pulled away. HOW does she not jab herself in the eye?? I mean this was serious business. She lined the top lid, the bottom lid and pulled her lid down to line the rim even. This was not her first rodeo kids. I was trying to be cool but I wanted to turn to her and say "Have you ever jabbed yourself in the eye?" The trains are hardly a smooth ride. So then she moved on to her lips, which she lined expertly in no time and back to the eyes with another pencil. All in three stops. I really wanted to stay on and start chatting her up but instead I got off at 14th as usual and blogged about it instead. Next time I am going to ask and I will be sure to pass along her words of wisdom. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.