Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-6&7-2011

Create: The last two days I have been creating a new shower curtain for my bathroom. I have a tendency to get something in my head and then have a terrible time trying to find exactly what I want. So I search and search until I find exactly the right thing and sometimes that requires making something. Case in point, I have had a heck of a time finding a shower curtain for my bathroom. I had seen one at Target that I liked but the problem is that my shower rod is hung really high and my tub is quite deep so a standard curtain won't do. So then I got it in my head that I wanted a really thick black and white stripe to go in there. Almost a circus tent feel. So I looked and looked and you wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a stripe but I couldn't find just the right one. I wanted to bold stripe, no wimpy 1-2 inches. Give me 3-4 or don't show up. FINALLY on Monday Mom and I found it at Mood. (Thank you, MOod) So with 96 inches of fabric (that makes for a REALLY long hem) and my sweet new machine, in 3 hours I had a new curtain and it is perfect. On to Home Depot for some Pipe and fittings to hang it. I am so excited about the finished product. I think it looks fantastic.





Although sometimes you hit little snags in the program. I originally was going to post this on the 7th, thinking it would be a piece of cake to put it up. Not so much. And hence sometimes you need to just walk away for a day or two and hum a little. In the end it worked out. So check two off the list and on to the next creative projects which include making a necklace with my cool new monacle and a little pillow with my cool new sewing machine. Just in time for a little snow storm.


1 comment:

Gar Long said...

You did a great job! I'm impressed!