Skip to main content

Grumpy Runner in Tustin.

You know how running is supposed to make you happier and relieve stress and all that stuff. Well, generally it does all those things and more for me. But there is, on occasion, the odd run that shows me who I really am, inside if you will. I was already running later than I had planned on Tuesday when I took off. I just figured I wouldn't dry my hair and I would still be able to get in 4 miles before work but I would have to step on it. So off I went in the cool morning air with a little cloud cover overhead. I felt pretty good and it seemed like it was going to turn out to be a nice run. I ran my normal route but as I got up to the school at the top of Tustin Ranch I noticed it was busier than normal with kids on bikes and walking and such. Not bad, just busier. I chalked it up to being a little later on the trail than normal. So I crossed the last light and went up another half mile before I turned around and that is where it all went south. I got back to the same light and there were now crossing guards at the two opposite corners and a million (no, I am not exaggerating) kids and cars. So I waited my turn at the crosswalk, patiently. A little less patiently. A little less patiently, as I watched them cross all three other walks and skip me before the guy across finally yells to me that the one crosswalk I am waiting for is in fact, CLOSED. "Seriously?", I kinda yelled back. He couldn't have let me know before the light changed 3 times? Grrrrrr SO I turned off all my tracking gear and walked over to the other crosswalk which now took another 2 lights before the other guy actually let us go. I am sure my crossed arms and sighing told them exactly how I was feeling at that moment. But, I didn't think it would be wise to jaywalk in front of 400 young impressionable preteens. Not to mention having no desire to get yelled at or worse, whistled down by a crossing guard. They can be mean. Annoyed! "This is totally messing up my pace time", I thought. Oh my gosh, could I get any more anal retentive? Yes, apparently so. Not wanting to wait for yet another light to cross back over and get back on the trail I decided to go straight through and cross at the next one. I jogged through the intersection once I turned all my stuff back on thinking to myself, "can't you see I am a runner? I don't have time for this." Wait, did that really come out of my mouth? Well no, but I couldn't believe I was being so self righteous even in my head. Ok, jog it off. Oh no. Not quite yet. I get to the next light and it also has a crossing guard and I notice that the direction I need to go is conspicuously empty as well. I stop next to him and ask him if this side is closed. What do you think? Yep. REALLY? Oh for crying out loud. And then I had the audacity to say to him, "but I need to get back on that path". Oh waaaaaah. What a whiner I am. This poor guy is trying to do his job and I am crabby at him because I can't cross the road by myself. He could obviously tell I was annoyed because he tried to explain that with so many cars it just isn't as safe to cross that way. Yeah yeah buddy I know but I am a big girl. I am also a play by the rules girl. So, I dutifully crossed when he let me and I even mustered a "thank you" as I took off. Needless to say my 4 mile run took me 46 minutes and regardless of knowing that at least 5 of those were standing still, I wasn't pleased with the idea of uploading that. I did actually feel much better just down the road as I realized what a nightmare I was being, if only mostly in my own head. Maybe I can blame it on PMS. Whatever it was I was glad to put that one to bed and get in the shower. And I was still late to work. Eh c'est la vie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.