I have decided to expand this blog to not only encompass my running adventures but my culinary ones as well. To me they kind of go hand in hand because one must fuel well to run well, Oui? So Friday night I was in major slash and burn mode, going through my kitchen cabinets and I came across a number of old recipes that I forgot I had and that I really liked when I made them. I decided to make a list for the farmer's market Saturday morning and actually go with a plan instead of willy nilly like I normally do. I pulled 5 recipes and here is the first of them. it is an open face sandwich with pesto, asparagus, tomato and melted cheese. You are supposed to top it with ham too but I missed that altogether so I made it veggie. You broil it until the cheese melts and you enjoy immensely.


I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years. It was so bare and crisp...
Comments