Skip to main content

7 miles

OH man, I am done today. We were on schedule to run 7 this morning. I had my little power bar and grapefruit juice and headed out the door at 7:15 to meet the team. It was overcast and cool which was nice since it was going to be a long run. Coach Noah gave a short clinic on nutrition and fluids and off we went. We had a new route this morning which was a nice change of scenery. We headed up Yale and then about 2 miles up we turned onto a lovely trail that wound through parks and trees and houses. It was really nice. The sun actually peaked out about 20 minutes into the run and I realized I didn’t put on sunscreen before I left. Ooops. I must have been super sleepy cause I never forget sunscreen. I felt pretty good just a little tired. It has been a tough week with work being busy and trying to fit in all my runs and get good sleep.  I realized on more than one occasion how much of a music runner I am. I always knew this, as I almost always run with and ipod. But this week especially I took more notice of how even when I am tired and struggling to keep going, if I just get to a good song on my nano I can push through. I typically run to whatever tempo is playing in my ears and I have already started making mental notes for my marathon playlist. I am going to need about four and a half hours of music to get me through this. SO here is my list so far.......in no particular order.


Amazing-Josh Kelley

Wonderwall-Beach boys Megamix

I’ll be your angel

Breathe on Me-Jennifer Knapp

Ectasy-ATb

Love Song-Sara Bareilles

Sugar, we’re going down-Fall out boy

Fall to Pieces-Avril Lavigne

Bleed-Anna Nalick

Amazing-George Michael

Fell in love with a boy-Joss Stone

AS-George Michael and MJB

Karma-ALlicia Keys

Falling Down-Bebo Norman

In this Life-Delta Goodrem

DIvine Romance-Phil Wickham

FInding me-Vertical Horizon

One-U2 with MJB

Kingdon Come-Hillsong United

A Little More-Jennifer Knapp

Big Love-Fleetwood Mac

Free to Be Me-Francesca Battistelli

In Love with a Girl-Gavin Degraw

The Grave-Stickfigure

IN the Air Tonight-Nonpoint

On the Way Down-Ryan Cabrera

Rough Night in Jericho-Dreams so Real

Something to Be-Rob Thomas

Before He Cheats-Carrie Underwood

How Far We’ve Come-Mathcbox 20

SOS-Rihanna

Girl Next Door-Saving jane

When You Were Young-The Killers

Call me Crazy-Stickfigure

ANgeles-Josh Kelley

Wild Night-John Mellencamp

I am an Illusion-Rob Thomas

Almost Lover-A Fine Frenzy

Beautiful, Beautiful-Francesca Battistelli

The Chain-Fleetwood Mac

Circus-Britney Spears

Cornflake Girl-Tori Amos




I realized I have bee running to some of these for quite some time. Oldies but goodies. I guess that’s a pretty good start. Anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.