Skip to main content

Running, Running, Running

I have been so busy blogging about my new city I haven't really been reporting on my running progress. I am finally back in the groove. I am signed up for the Kiawah Half Marathon with my Uncle Butch and Cousin Ryan. Started training a few weeks ago in my beloved new city and it has been a great way to see the city and take in all it's sites. I love running south in Hudson River Park toward the Statue of Liberty. She is a beautiful site to behold. I am quite excited for the NYC Marathon this weekend, even though I am not running it, I will be out there cheering those runners on!! I know how important that encouragement is. In the meantime I am plodding along on my own training and this weekend while I was in Upstate seeing family I got to run in Corning. Let me tell you to get 7 miles in Corning you have to run around quite a bit. It was quite chilly and it is going to be a test of my perseverance to run in these winters. But I put on my mittens and ear muffs and headed out. I even stopped along the way to take some pictures of the lovely little town that my parents grew up in. I think of it as home too cause my heart is there. I can't wait to upload my GPS to see the map that this run created. :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{You've come a long way, Baby}

I have been living in the Rabbit Hole for almost 2 years now. It has become my safe haven from the storm of this city. Don't get me wrong I love this city but it is nice to have a little sanctuary to retreat to when all the hustle and bustle starts to overwhelm. I love sitting at my window every morning to write and watch the parade of neighbors stroll by. I have come to "know" some of them, not personally but just by virtue of seeing them on a regular basis. But that will be another post. This is all about the Rabbit Hole. As I come up on the 2 year mark, I took a look back at where it all started. I remember walking into the apartment with my mom and my broker and falling immediately in love with this little space. I am so thankful we were able to pull off the painstaking process of actually getting the apartment. It has been such a great place to live. And there have been some changes. So here are the before and afters of the last two years.  It was so bare and crisp...

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.

Panama Day 5-Howard

This was the most surreal hour and a half of the whole trip. We made our way out to Howard Air Force Base (which is no longer an AFB) and found our old house. Just looking at the photos I get emotional all over again. Not that I broke down crying or anything but it was really weird standing in a place that holds so many memories.  Here is me freaking out that we found it!!! Our old Street! Coffey Avenue! Exploring the old digs!  This stairwell led up to the door in the kitchen. It was a little creepy so I just filmed from where I was.  :-/ I don't do creepy. Here we are in front of 60A Coffey Ave!    That "hill" behind my mom seemed so much bigger when we lived there. I remember my dog running down it and tripping, which led to a head over heels tumble that still makes me laugh when I think of it. And that fence used to be a favorite spot for three toed sloths to hang out.  ...