Skip to main content

Temper Tantrums

I heard a young child outside my window this afternoon head for a temper tantrum. He was shrieking and yelling in that high pitched fervor that you know well if you have ever been around children. His mom must have gotten the upper hand because it didn’t last long but it made me smile to myself and think “Yeah I could use one of those on occasion” Sure I am an adult and I have more constructive ways of handling my emotions. I know how to deal with people when they hurt me or let me down or do things I just don’t understand. Yeah I am talking to you. It doesn’t make those things any less frustrating or hurtful but I know how to move on. But once in a while wouldn’t it be fun to have a full blown temper tantrum? I thought maybe we adults should be allowed one per month but that may be excessive. Heck if I saw someone throw themselves down in the middle of 13th and actually have one it might curb my desire a little but I am not convinced they don’t have some merit. I have a theory that it could help with the alcohol abuse in this country but that is strictly theory. I did have a tantrum myself, years ago. I was going through some pretty crappy stuff at the time and I got frustrated with my computer of all things. Just takes something small to set you off doesn’t it. Mind you I had never let my anger out that way....Never. And honestly when it was happening it was kind of frightening. I wasn’t entirely sure I was going to be able to get it under control.Thankfully after I kicked a few things and yelled a little, it subsided. And thankfully no one was there to witness me go a little crazy. And thankfully I didn’t toss my computer off the balcony. See, maybe a little tantrum now and then is right on par with a good cry. A little cleanser for the soul if you will. Try it for yourself. Just don’t throw it in the middle of my block or I might have to stop and laugh a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trapeze!!!!!

I finally used the gift certificate I got for Christmas from my little sis, Jill. She and I took Trapeze lessons when she came to visit me last year and she knows how much I love it. So last week I took another class and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. It is SO DARN FUN!!!! I have learned new tricks every time and they are getting so fancy and cool. Today I was so excited to try the set split. It just looks so circusy and trapezey! I know that neither one of those are words but that is the only way to describe it. I let me camera run and got a video that ,while it is crap lighting you can see my catch on my new trick LOVE IT!  Take a look.

Me and LD back in da day

My former assistant from Quiksilver was in town this week and she crashed at my place while she was here. It was fun to catch up and have girl time. As I was archive digging tonight I ran across this gem from one of our QS Waterman shoots. We always knew how to throw a little fun into an otherwise tedious project with our Mannies, Bryan and Chad. Oh the days.

Henri Bendel

I am in Love. It happened quite suddenly although I met him years ago. We rekindled our affair on Fashion's night out a few months back and now it's official, I am head over heels. :) His name is Henri and I love everything about him. I want to be a Bendel Girl for the rest of my life. All illustrations by Izak Zenou who does Incredibly beautiful work. Oh to be THAT talented....swoon.